The Three Symbol Series workshops follow on from the Introduction to Jungian Sandplay Therapy weekends. This initial series of three has been created with the intention to explore and expand our understanding of the deeper symbolic nature of this modality, which has been described as ‘before and beyond words’. There will be referencing to archetypal themes in myth, fairy tale, and popular culture, exemplified within client work.
The workshops have also been created to offer a place of reconnection with Self, in the presence of an attentive witness, remembering Dora Kalff’s ‘free and protective space’ experienced within the introductory training.
Molly Wolfe, workshop facilitator, will gently be weaving in aspects of her additional training as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, inviting in a ‘felt sense’ connection.
- The Elements Sunday 10th Sep 2017
- ‘Rememberment’: The Mirror and its Fragments Sunday 12th Nov 2017
- Here be Dragons: Illuminating the Shadow Ground Sunday 18th Feb 2018
Each workshop offers an opportunity to:
- Reconnect with and deepen your experience of Sandplay and the role of the silent witness
- Explore archetypal themes in relation to the given titles of each workshop
- Find ways to amplify your understanding of symbolic representation
- Link to visuals from clinical practice
- Introduce aspects of Peter Levine’s ‘Somatic Experiencing’ approach to the body and trauma
- Initiate a platform for future explorations….
The Symbol Series of Sandplay Workshops is open to previous attendees to Molly’s Introduction to Jungian Sandplay weekends either at London Art Therapy Centre or Place2Be.
Molly Wolfe trained as an Art Therapist in Hertfordshire, qualifying in 1986 and in 2002 completed an MA in Transpersonal Child, Adolescent and Family Therapy at CCPE, which incorporated a Diploma in Sandplay Studies.